Vanessa and I drove down together with Ollie, Ansel and Asher. We were the first ones to get to the camp spot, but we weren't prepared for the heat. We had about a cup of water with us to battle the 3pm Moab heat, and we were about 30 minutes from town. We knew others would be arriving soon so Vanessa decided to sacrifice her diet coke in order to keep the little ones cool.


Asher loved the fine, red dirt that was the carpet of our campground. Ansel had taught him about "making angels" in the grass a couple of days earlier, and Asher figured out it worked even better in the dirt.
Asher got to go on his first river trip...well, he came on part of it anyway. He rode in the boat from Big Sandy to the take out beach. He loved it, but it was long enough for me. Next year he will be ready for the whole thing.

Onion Creek.
A



2 comments:
I was almost about to give up on your blog. Who ever said that Diet Coke wasn't good for you? It may have saved three little lives that hot hot day. I will use that one at the next T.M.
Yeah, those photos of the Diet Coke faces are funny. I almost looks like syrup on their faces.
Post a Comment